Community Survey FAQ
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the Snow and Ice Control Community Survey. Below is a link to get started, along with answers to questions about the survey.
What is this all about?
- Municipal Works is conducting a review of our Snow and Ice Control Program. The Program defines the service levels for maintaining the City's public roads in the wintertime.
Why are you doing a review?
- The last review of our Program was in 2011. We are doing another review in an effort to be proactive. It is a good time for us to review industry best practices and see if any new technologies have emerged. We are also checking in with our community to understand what is and isn't working from your viewpoint.
What will be the results of the review?
- The review will culminate in a comprehensive report that outlines any recommendations that are needed in order to ensure our Program is relevant and effective.
How can I provide my input?
- This survey is a great opportunity to share your values and expectations around our Snow and Ice Control Program. Winter road maintenance impacts everyone in our city whether you are a pedestrian, transit user, cyclist, or motorist. We really want to hear your feedback. The results from this survey will help focus our review so that we can provide accurate and valuable recommendations to our community.
Anything else I need to know about taking the survey?
Some information will be provided to you prior to each question. The information is meant to give some background about what we currently do under our Program.
Some questions will refer to a "typical snowfall event".
- A "typical snowfall event" is an event that brings 5 cm (2") of snowfall accumulation. When answering questions that refer to this snowfall, try to picture what it is like to move about the city after 5 cm of snow.
- The comment box gives you a chance to explain your answer in more detail and provide us with further feedback on our Program. We will be personally reading every single comment.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey!